Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ode to Sleep

Here is a random poem that I wrote one day when I was struggling to pay attention in my French Class. I also want to point out that I was running on about 4 hours of sleep for about 3 days. Also don't read the poem by stanza, I only did that because I was playing with the rhyme scheme. So I hope that you all enjoy.

Oh sleep how I've missed thee
I lay waiting for you to take me away
From this world that is cruel.

Please come kidnap me
For I prefer the night to day
There seems to be some rule

Which allows me only three
Short hours of sway.
Then I wake to the droll

World that sucks the life from me.
As a vampire drinks the blood of prey.
I am an idiot and a fool

To believe that this dream might be
The hope of going this way
And hiding myself in a solitary hole.

No comments: